Notice to Seven Springs / Highlands, Hidden Valley and Laurel Mountain Season Pass Holders
We have updated the 2021-22 Season Pass Release and Waiver Agreement (the “Release”) to reflect that VRSS Holdings, LLC is the new operator of Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Hidden Valley Resort, and Laurel Mountain. No other aspects of the Release were changed. The updated Release is available below. By utilizing your current season pass, you acknowledge that you are bound by the language in the updated Release.
SEASON PASS RELEASE AND WAIVER AGREEMENT
In consideration for a season pass for use of slopes, trails, lifts, terrain areas, and other facilities related to downhill skiing or riding issued or operated by VR PA Holdings, Inc., VRSS Holdings, LLC, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of their respective insurers, employees, owners, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, successors, assignees, and representatives (hereinafter, collectively “Seven Springs”).
(1) that I understand that there is a risk of illness caused by exposure to infectious diseases, serious injury or death if I participate in skiing or riding. It would be impractical to list all the risks. Some of the risks include, exposure to infectious diseases, falls caused by bare spots, variations in surface and subsurface snow an ice conditions, variations in terrain and terrain area features (table tops, ramps, half-pipes, rails, etc.), bumps, moguls, stumps, rocks, other forms of forest growth and debris. Risks also include collisions with other persons, lift towers, poles, cables, snow making equipment, snowmobiles, grooming machines, fences, barriers, and other natural and manmade obstacles on and/or off of trails. Another risk is falls and collisions caused by the negligence of others, including Seven Springs. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to follow Your Responsibility Code, Smart Style and all rules regarding terrain park use, all other instructions, rules and directions provided by Seven Springs, and to exercise caution and remain in control while participating.
(2) to accept all risks , whether specifically listed in paragraph (1) above or not, which arise out of or are related to the use of my season pass to ski or ride at Seven Springs.
(3) that my season pass may be suspended or revoked, without reimbursement to me, if I do not follow the rules, instructions and directions of Seven Springs.
(4) to waive my right to bring any claims against Seven Springs that arise out of or relate to my exposure to infectious diseases and my use of my season pass to ski or ride at Seven Springs, and to release Seven Springs from liability for any such claims. This waiver and release includes, but is not limited to, claims based upon allegations of negligence on the part of Seven Springs. I further agree that I will indemnify, hold harmless, and reimburse Seven Springs for all losses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) from any claims brought by any persons or entities arising out of or relating to my use of my season pass to ski or ride at Seven Springs.
(5) that the terms of this Agreement shall be binding on my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I agree that all disputes arising under this Agreement shall be litigated in the Court of Common Pleas of Somerset County, Pennsylvania.
(6) I grant Seven Springs permission to use photographic and/or video images of me for the purpose of marketing, publicizing and promoting the resort. I waive any right to be compensated for the use of my image and release Seven Springs from liability for any claims, where such claims arise out of or relate to Seven Springs’ use of my image.
Adults: I understand this Agreement and enter into it voluntarily with the intention of being bound by its terms.
Parents/Guardians: I have read this Agreement and discussed it with the minor participant. I agree: (1) that paragraphs four and five above apply to any claim by me related to the minor’s use of his/her pass; and, (2) I agree to indemnify and hold Seven Springs harmless for all losses (including attorneys’ fees costs) from any claims by or on behalf of the minor related to the minor’s use of his/her pass.