In response to COVID-19, Laurel Mountain Resort has instituted a variety of new policies and procedures designed to protect the health and safety of its guests and resort professionals. Laurel Mountain will continue to comply with all Pennsylvania Department of Health and State mandates regarding closures, health and well-being protocols and following all Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines regarding cleaning and disinfecting as well as social distancing.
Face Masks are Required!
As mandated by the State of Pennsylvania, anyone entering the Resort is required to wear a face covering or mask at all times. Masks will be available to guests upon request. Masks do not need to be worn outside if you are able to maintain proper social distancing.
Responsibilities of Laurel Mountain Resort Professionals
- Frequent hand washing.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Wear face covering while at work.
- Complete COVID-19 training for cleaning and disinfecting facilities.
- Do not come to work if you are sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Cleaning & Disinfecting Public Areas
The frequency of cleaning and disinfecting has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces including, but not limited to, guest services areas, door handles, bathrooms, ATMs, stair handrails and all public areas.
Cleaning and disinfecting guidelines established by the CDC will be followed for all Public Areas. This includes:
- All surfaces will be cleaned using soap and water and then a use of a disinfectant.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting will be done focused on high-touch areas including doorknobs, light switches, phones, countertops, bathrooms, chairs, furniture
- Disinfectants will be used to meet EPA guidelines.
- Employees will wear required personal protective equipment and follow safe chemical handling guidelines when using disinfectants.
- Disinfectants will be applied and allow to sit wet on the surfaces to allow for maximum contact time.
- Soft services including furniture, drapery and carpeted floors will be vacuumed and disinfectant spray applied
Winter Operating Information
Now more than ever, we recognize that outdoor recreation and family adventures are an important part of a healthy lifestyle and we will be doing everything we can to keep you, your family and our staff safe and healthy this winter.
In order to make this season a success, we need everyone’s help. We believe that many of the operational changes will protect your health and safety and make it easy for you to get on the snow. Remember that your patience and understanding are one of the biggest keys to a successful season.